The Advisory Panel on Astrological Education (APAE) was formed in 1980.
It is an independent non-profit making body constituted by the major Astrological organisations and teaching bodies in the United Kingdom.
- In fulfilling its aims, the APAE shall work, as far as possible, from a consensus of opinion of the astrological community in the United Kingdom.
- To monitor and safeguard standards in teaching of astrology in the United Kingdom.
- To advise Educational Authorities on qualifications of astrologers wishing to teach.
- To assist astrologers wishing to teach.
- To provide an assessment of an unqualified person who wishes to teach.
- To hold discussion meetings, seminars or workshops for interested parties to exchange ideas and information about astrological education.
- To provide a forum for discussion in establishing criteria for any proposed national or international registration of professional astrologers.
The APAE cannot advise individuals on particular courses to take or on individuals to go to for astrological consultations.